The NextMontréal team is comprised of paid and unpaid participants. We’re thrilled to have such a kick ass team of contributors – folks that are dedicated to reporting the news, sharing their viewpoints and shining a spotlight on Montreal’s incredible technology and startup ecosystems.
Benjamin Yoskovitz, Founder & Publisher
Ben is a serial entrepreneur, father of two boys and active member of the Montreal startup community. His most recent company was Standout Jobs, which exited in April 2010. He writes a popular blog on startups and entrepreneurship called Instigator Blog. He initiated NextMontréal because he recognized the importance of having a central hub of news, opinion and activity for the growing Montreal tech scene.
Phil Telio, Founder
Phil is the founder of Embrase, a business and startup consulting firm. Phil has over 20 years of executive experience driving strategic business development and marketing in Canadian and US firms. He runs the incredibly successful StartupCamp Montreal event, which sees over 500 attendees each time. He’s a consummate contributor to the Montreal startup ecosystem. Follow Phil on Twitter
NextMontréal is extremely pleased to have a group of regular, featured columnists that provide insightful and extremely valuable content. We think it’s critical to have diverse views and opinions from different fields of expertise; and that’s precisely what this group brings.
- Chris Arsenault: President & CEO of iNovia Capital. Follow Chris on Twitter
- Sean Power: Analytics practitioner, author, community manager, educator and guy who wears an orange hat. Follow Sean on Twitter
- Mark MacLeod: Partner at Real Ventures. Popular blogger at Startup CFO. Follow Mark on Twitter
- Etienne Lagacé: Principal at iNovia Capital. Specializes in medical devices. Follow Etienne on Twitter
- Chris Comeau: A long-time game developer and owner of GamesMontreal.com. Follow Chris on Twitter
- Didier Leconte: President and General Manager of MSBi Valorisation, which invests in technology transfer from Quebec universities. Follow Didier on Twitter
- Hugh McGuire: Entrepreneur, startup founder with a focus on publishing. Started Librivox. Check out his blog. Follow Hugh on Twitter
Special thanks to Marie-Claude Doyon for designing the NextMontréal logo.