MConcierge Systems is hiring a Director of Software Development.
MConcierge is the leading mobile platform that enables quick and effective deployment of amenity and concierge services to the mobile world. MConcierge focuses on improving the guest experience and bringing unique location based services to the hospitality industry.
Compatible with a wide range of smart phones such as iPhone, Blackberry, HTC, Android, Palm, Nokia, Microsoft, Symbian, iPad and others, MConcierge is mission critical and provides essential mobile and workflow services to hotels and properties that wish to increase sales, lower operational costs and improve their level of service.
- Manage and enable a team of 5 to 10 software engineers, delivering quality, on-time, and on-budget projects.
- Working with the CTO, contribute to evolution of product architecture, develop and communicate product roadmap, with planned release cycles, and believable resource plans
- Provide leadership in the use of best practices in Agile methodology and design for repeatability, usability, and testability.
- Manage the day-to-day development aspects of multiple projects; requirements documentation and analysis, scoping, planning, engineering, implementation, and new product introduction.
- Define and track team deliverables and release schedule using issue tracking sytem and source repository.
- Run daily scrums to assess risks in current schedule, clear blocks, and adjust roadmap deliverables
- Utilizing your considerable People Skills, monitor and manage project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with the team of software engineers to meet timelines and pre-defined release cycles.
- Monitor scope changes through the life of the software development.
- Problem solve, multi task, coordinate and schedule the team of software engineers, equipment and materials in accordance with the Projects Plan to ensure visibility and predictability.
- Develop and/or evolve Development Guidelines to improve consistency across products and to adherence to Architecture.
- Assess and, where appropriate, develop plans to integrate third party tools, add-ons, and interfaces that strengthen our product suite.
- As required, and consistent with your own development skills and experience, develop various features and/or fix bugs within the product.
- When and where appropriate, hire new resources to strengthen the software development team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have a University Degree. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of software development management experience within a high technology environment, managing programs in the $.5 Million to $2 Million range.
- Proficiency in Agile/Scrum methodology and use of issue tracking (JIRA, RedMine, or similar) and source repository (SVN, TFS, or similar)
- Must be performance driven, detail and results oriented.
- Must have excellent leadership, time management, communication, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Must be a strong team and individual motivator.
- Proficiency in English; written and spoken; fluency in French is an asset.
- Ability to manage complex projects spread across multiple software development teams.
- Technical knowledge should include: ASP.net, MVC, jQuery, and mobile applications, especially iOS, BlackBerry, and Android.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.