Notesolution is hiring a contract Ruby on Rails Developer. Stock options may be included.
We are the largest note-sharing site in Canada, and we’re at 20 universities across Canada and are looking to expand our service to more than 100 universities within North America. We currently have 35,000 registered students sharing over 50,000 documents already and we’re looking for help in scaling our platform to 20 million students all over North America, and we are just getting started. We’re a hard working team that’s building the largest social education network in the world and we’re looking for great developers.
What are the top reasons someone should work at your company?
- We are building “The World’s First Peer to Peer University”
- We are a funded startup
- Currently the largest note-sharing app in Canada
Describe a “day in the life” for this position?
You will be in a very fast paced environment working closely with the founders, lead developer and designer.
How will the new employee’s performance be measured? Define the job’s specific goals.
- Developing social features
- Working with Facebook API (Open Graph) and Twitter
- Scaling, We need to scale our server to handle more users. We want to look at load balancing with Ngnix and Unicorn or some similar solution. You should be able to benchmark our current system using autobench and the setup your own virtual machine with ngnix and unicorn and benchmark that to see the difference in performance.
- Ruby on Rails
- Ngix, Passenger
- Mac OSX with MacVim and Janus (https://github.com/carlhuda/janus)
- Git with git rebasing (http://progit.org/book/ch3-6.html)
Must have knowledge in facebook/twitter API (Open Graph)
What should a candidate include in their application to help them stand out?
- Resume and cover letter
- Your github profile
- Links to any web and mobile projects you have worked on
How to Apply
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.