Our client, an industry leader as an Email Service Provider (ESP), is currently looking for a Research & Development Director to join its Montreal team. The R&D Director will be required to manage the department from an operational and strategic standpoint, including re-structuring and re-defining the department (processes, HR, culture) in order to provide accurate development output based on internal and on market requirements.
- Manage development projects within an effective Project Management framework.
- Provide detailed documentation with accurate requirements.
- Monitor and stay abreast of technological and operational changes.
- Assists in developing new program function elements (researching, compiling and analyzing data)
- Process and incorporate strategic goals and objectives into Development department roadmap
- Develop program activities, goals and objectives for the development team
- Supervise and manage technical (Tier 2) team and development team projects and activities
- Provide leadership, coaching and training to technical support and development team as required
- Perform strategic planning and financial analysis.
- 8-10 years+ of progressive development related work experience, ideally in a software focused organization
- Developer/programmer: 3-5 years+
Knowledge and hands-on development work experience with:
- Python 3.x, C/C++, Perl, DASH, XML/XML-RPC
- MySQL libraries for the above languages
- Multi-threaded/processed client-server technologies
- SMTP, DNS, HTTP protocols
- Development Management and/or project lead experience: 3-5 years+
- Intermediate to expert understanding and/or experience of the email required
- Basic to expert understanding and/or experience of the mobile messaging and/or on-line marketing and media industry
- Proven leadership skills, highly goal-oriented
- Eclipse, GIT – Scrum/Agile experience
- QA / Testing experience
- University degree in Computer Science/Software engineering
- Project Management and Scrum/Agile training or certification a definite asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (French a definite asset)