You will champion bringing management’s vision to working reality. Solid knowledge of the market is important to ensure products and technologies are ‘cutting edge’ (not, bleeding edge… these are mission critical systems). You will oversee hiring, road-mapping, and delivering competitive products. Being an expert at delegating is crucial, while making yourself ‘unnecessary’. Your goal is to be ahead of the game in order to ensure your team can build technologies that are ahead of those coming from the competitors. Your ability to translate business requirements into repeatable design strategies & patterns that allow for adaptability, scalability, availability and reusability across all company solutions. The director of software development help move the business forward by making things happen rapidly & efficiently.
Job duties continued:
- Manage a team of 4 to 10 developers, delivering quality, time sensitive projects.
- Responsible for all the software development within the division
- Maintaining software applications and OS according to business needs
- Manage customer expectations
- Manage team productivity
- Perform feasibility analysis on new development platforms and frameworks.
- Manage the day-to-day development of multiple projects; requirements documentation and analysis, scoping, planning, engineering, implementation, and new product introduction.
- Take proactive escalation of probable design flaws or system problems to upper management avoiding ROI impact
- Provide strategic support to executive leadership
- Maintain and enhance the core software engine
- Assist with architecture of the overall system.
- Establish a simple but effective development process and make sure it is observed.
- Strong leadership & management experience
- Must be able to present and debate with all levels of mgmt
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Nice years (or more) of experience as a leader
- Experience building highly scalable server apps and APIs
- True development and architecture experience with open source tech, such as: Python, PHP, EC2, Hadoop and MySQL
- Demonstrated resource planning, estimation, quality assurance and release mgmt
- Process-driven while appreciating the serious importance of software quality
- Knowledge of several software development methodologies
- Must have a degree. Bachelors Degree in Comp Sci, IT or equivalent would be preferred.
- Experience managing programs in the $.5 Million to $10 Million range.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience as a senior programmer, ideally developing and implementing enterprise applications based on PHP, Java and Mysql
How to Apply
Please call 514-448-4667 or email email@example.com.